Prior to using the Delivery Trust add-in for MS Outlook, the software must first run through a 3-stage activate process. These stages are as follows:
- Email address/Password combination supplied is checked against our subscription database
- Subscription details are validated
- Add-in configuration is processed
If the criteria is satisfied, the software is ready for immediate use. If the criteria isn’t satisfied, specific errors are thrown or the activation may stall. This article discusses what to do for the latter scenario.
Note: The stage at which activation is most likely to stall is stage 3. Any earlier stages where failures occur will typically be accompanied by an error indicating the problem.
Note: This article assumes that you’ve already downloaded and installed the Delivery Trust add-in for MS Outlook software and you are launching Outlook for the first time post-installation.
The stage-3 stall is typically caused by a specific folder having been created multiple times as part of the installation or prior installations of the Delivery Trust software. The following steps will guide you through what to look for and what to remove.
- Cancel any activation windows that may be up so that Outlook opens completely.
- With Outlook opened, search your folder manager for a folder named Delivery Trust.
- Sub-folders and folder locations will differ from the screen capture shown.
- Once found, right-click on the folder and select Delete Folder.
- Do this for ALL found instances of that directory name.
- Failing on stage-3 typically indicates that you have more than one instance of the Delivery Trust directory. It’s important to look everywhere, even in your Trash directory.
- Once you’re certain all instances of the Delivery Trust directory have been deleted, restart Outlook to begin the registration process again.
The add-in registration process should now complete successfully.
If the documented actions in this article fail to produce the intended results, please submit a ticket.