This article will take you through the steps for completely removing the Outlook plugin from your computer for the purpose of a clean installation.
Note: This should be done only if you are experiencing issues with your current installation of the Delivery Trust Outlook Plugin that couldn't be resolved through simpler solutions.
Note: Please make sure MS Outlook is closed during this process.
This resolution will be broken down into sections, as it is meant to be as extensive as possible to ensure a clean installation.
**Note: Some of the steps will not need to be repeated when doing a second clean installation.
1. Uninstall the plugin
- Detailed instructions for removing the Delivery Trust MS Outlook Plugin can be found here
2. Delete old files
- Open File Explorer
- Type %appdata% in the address bar
- Delete the Delivery Trust folder
- Browse to C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0
- Note that username is the name of the user on the computer
- Delete all contents within the folder
- Close File Explorer
3. Add identillect.com as a trusted site (this may not be required if you've installed the plugin on the same computer before)
- Detailed instructions for adding our domain as a trusted site can be found here.
4. Reinstall the plugin
- Go to https://identillect.com using the Chrome web browser
- Log in to your account
- Hover your mouse pointer over your email address and click Profile
- Near the top of the page you should see a blue icon labeled Outlook Plugin
- Install the file
This completes the fresh installation of the Delivery Trust MS Outlook Plugin. You can launch MS Outlook to resume using your secure email delivery services.
If this solution failed to resolve your issue, please submit a ticket.