This article will guide you in creating a Gmail filter to quickly locate secure messages you’ve delivered using the Delivery Trust for Gmail Chrome extension with BCC. This will also resolve any issues with your Gmail messages not appearing in the main sent folder.
Using the Chrome (or Mozilla) browser Log In to your Gmail mailbox.
- If necessary, click the More label to expand the labels list.
- Hover your mouse over the mailbox categories section and click Create new label.
- In the New Label window, give your label a descriptive name and click Create. We’ve used “Secure Messages Sent” as an example.
- Click the drop arrow in the search bar to Show Search Options
- Enter the following details in the targeted fields:
- Note: The <your name> placeholder should be filled with your registered identillect name, not your email address.
- From: [email protected]
- Subject: <your name> has sent you a Secure Email with subject
- In the When a message arrives that matches this search: window, perform the following actions:
- Click the box for Apply the label: and select the label you created in step 3 from the select list. In our example, we created “Secure Messages Sent” so that is the label we’ll select.
- (optional) - If you don't want to have a copy of the message stored in your inbox, you can select the Skip the Inbox (Archive it) checkbox.
- Click Create filter.
- You’ll be notified that the filter was created successfully.
When you send a secure message using the Delivery Trust for Gmail Chrome extension, you’ll now see your email organized in the label.
Note: You will now Add yourself as a BCC recipient for all outgoing emails
To set up constant BCC for your secure messages go to your Chrome customization button
Locate More Tools then select Extensions.
Select the Details under the Delivery Trust extension.
Locate Extension Options then select the checkbox for Add self as BCC recipient for all outgoing emails.
Test to confirm the settings are saved and functioning properly.