Overview: In this guide, we will walk you through resolving an issue that you might encounter while installing the Outlook plugin.
Problem: While installing the Identillect Outlook Plugin, you may encounter an error like the following:
This error indicates a problem installing Visual Studio Tools for Office (VSTO), a necessary prerequisite of the Identillect Outlook Plugin.
If errors are encountered during the installation of VSTO, it is best to install it separately.
Resolution: Rename the Config File
This step involves using Windows Explorer to navigate to a directory and change a filename. If you do not feel comfortable doing so, please contact support.
1. Start by browsing to the following location using Windows Explorer:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VSTO\10.0
- *This location may not exist on your computer. Instead, try the following location in the regular Program Files directory:
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VSTO\10.0
2. In this folder will be a file named VSTOInstaller.exe.Config. Rename this file to VSTOInstaller.exe.Config.old (adding the ".old" extension).
3. Retry the installation of the Identillect Outlook Plugin.
Result: The Identillect Delivery Trust Outlook plugin should now be installed correctly. Test by sending yourself a secure email.
If you have any questions or need any assistance, please let us know by emailing us at Support@identillect.com.