(1) Export Contacts from Mac Mail
- In order to export contacts from Mac Mail, your contacts must also be saved in your Contacts/Address Book app. If you do not have any contacts saved there, then try either:
- Logging into the the web portal for your email account and exporting contacts from there.
- Refer to this article on how to save Mac Mail "Remembered" Email Addresses to your Contacts/Address Book.
- Open your Contacts/Address Book app
- To Select All: click on the first contact, scroll to the bottom of the window, hold down Shift key and click on the last contact.
- To Select Particular Contacts: click on the first contact you want to add, scroll to the next contact you would like to add, hold down Command (or the Apple icon on older keyboards) and click on the next contact. Continue this step until all of the contacts (email addresses) you want to add are selected.
- From the Menu bar go to File > Export > Export vCard
- Enter a name for the file, select a location to export it to, and then click Save
- To save that vCard as .csv, use this tool. Make sure to select the file type (CSV) and leave the other settings as is.
- Click convert. The site will then automatically download the CSV file to your Downloads folder
(2) Import Contacts to Identillect
See our following YouTube video which shows how to import the CSV file. Note that you have use the template format in our CSV file (download from our website) - we suggest taking that template file and pasting in the data from the "Exported CSV" file you created above, in the appropriate columns.