This article will provide guidance on resolving the issue of email messages sent using the Delivery Trust Outlook Add-in that stall the delivery process and hold in the Delivery Trust directory. The direct cause of the issue is found in the Delivery Trust Log as the following error:
Note: At the time of publishing, we’ve only seen this particular issue in MS Outlook 2010 Professional, though the resolution can be tried for other versions.
Note: This process may require a reboot, so please close all open applications prior to beginning this process.
Note: Screen captures are from MS Office 2010 Pro Plus and Windows 7 Professional. Newer operating systems may have a slightly different path to open some applications.
- Find and click the Delivery Trust directory in your mailbox navigation pane.
- Remove any messages currently being held in the directory.
- You can remove the messages either by deleting the messages or selecting and moving them to another directory.
- If you are unable to remove the messages, please contact the Identillect support team.
- Close Outlook.
- Open Control Panel.
- Open Programs and Features.
- Find your MS Office Suite installation and click.
- Click Change.
- Select Repair and click Continue.
- Repair times will vary. Typically, this process will take about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Click Close when the process is complete.
- Click Yes to reboot the system.
Once the system is back up, you can reload MS Outlook and recreate the messages that didn’t deliver using the Secure Send button provided by your Delivery Trust software.
This concludes the workflow for repairing your MS Office Suite software to resolve message delivery issues.
If this guide failed to produce the intended results, please submit a ticket.